About the course
MENTORING FOR MENTORS
This course helps people to clarify their own thoughts on the process and develop a model of mentoring that suits their specific context. The course also provides opportunities to tune up the necessary interpersonal skills that are essential for successful mentoring.
- Define the concept on mentoring
- Differentiate mentoring from other forms of staff support
- Explain the importance of contracting
- List the essential skills needed to be a mentor
- Give effective feedback
- Discuss the pros and cons of offering advice and guidance
- Demonstrate common methods of problem solving
- Understand what makes mentoring relationships work well
- List the common errors of helping
- State the value of being non-judgemental
- Explore the value & danger of self disclosure
- Challenge in a respectful way
HL Services offers CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality.
We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated Tutor Support via email, online messenger and telephone.
The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade.
The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference.
The courses come complete with both online "class room" style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning.
You have 12 months in which to complete the course.
All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
The average course takes 2 to 4 hours.
At the end of the course you will be able to prove your knowledge as well by having skills that they can apply and evidence in the workplace.
If you are looking for training services so that you can support your staff, remain compliant, get a new job, start a new career or expand your current learning and development then this the place to start.
The courses are accessible for everyone so even the busiest care worker or care manager will be able to fit some learning in to their lifestyle. This is especially useful for those doing shift work and uneven work patterns so unable to commit to a regular training course and persons new in to the Health & Social Care Sector.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|