About the course
The manageable twenty three modules are designed to teach you everything you need to know when offering pet sitting services, this includes:
- Get an introduction to pet sitting. This includes health and safety and animal welfare, how to approach any animal and why security is so important.
- Learn about safety for you and the pet. Learn about written health and safety policies and when you need one, how to protect yourself and risks involved when it comes to pet sitting.
- Understand the legal requirements involved along with the five zoonotic diseases, the animal boarding act, health and safety at work and the importance of protecting your clients information.
- Learn more about dog walking. Learn how to build your pack of dogs and signs of dog aggression along with the different types of dog aggression.
- Understand the importance of a pre service visit, preparing pet information sheets and documentation needed.
- Learn the five forms you must include in your client packs, how to comply with the Data Protection Act and storing your clients information and how to use your client packs to increase your profits.
- Identify with day to day petting sitting including how long you need to allocate for each dog walk, the order you need to use when taking care of each pet and time to set aside between appointments.
- Learn how to transport animals safely.
- Learn more about effective animal handling. You will learn the three step process to minimize stress in animals and when you should and shouldn't approach an animal.
- Learn more about dogs and cats from the different breeds to nutritional requirements.
- Get an understanding of fish. This includes the three groups and breeds. It will teach you the different water temperature requirements, how often water needs to be changed and how to test the water for nitrates.
- Understand how to care for rodents from cage cleaning frequency to breeds and types that you may be asked to care for.
- Learn how to care for rabbits and guinea pigs from their nutritional needs to behavioural traits and more.
- Learn everything you need to know about reptiles including feeding requirements, temperature requirements and behavioural traits.
- Get an understanding on various pet ailments and how to care for them.
- Learn essential pet first aid that you may have to use when offering your services.
- Get valuable information on setting up and running your own successful pet sitting business.
- Learn how to market your business effectively to reach the right target audience.
- Identify pricing and costs.
- Take advantage of the useful troubleshooting section to provide you with guidance and advice for your pet sitting business.
To get 80% off the course fee, please use the code JOBSTODAY80 at the checkout.