About the course
This level 3 working in the health sector qualification is designed to teach the knowledge required to work in a variety of healthcare professions. With this course you can begin working in the NHS and the qualification is required by all NHS staff including nurses, healthcare assistants, hospital porters and health visitors as well as a number of other roles in the health sector.
Study Time: 110 hours
Enrolment length: 12 months
Course Format: Online
Entry Requirements: None Specific
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 3 certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain the full CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Working in the Health Sector you will need to submit and pass all of the tutor marked assignments. There are 6 assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
There is no formal exam and the certification fee is included in the course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Communication skills for working in the health sector
- Understand how to communicate effectively in different situations
- Understand how to manage barriers to effective communication
- Know how to maintain accurate and complete records
- Understand how to develop own communication skills
Unit 2: People and personal development in the health sector
- Understand a work role in the health sector
- Understand the components of a personal development plan
- Understand how learning opportunities can contribute to personal development
- Know how to offer information to others to support their development
Unit 3: Maintaining quality standards in the health sector
- Understand how to provide a quality service within legislation, policies and procedures
- Understand the importance of working with others to provide a quality service
- Know how to monitor quality standards
- Understand the importance of prioritising own workload to reduce risks to quality
Unit 4: Service improvement in the health sector
- Understand how to evaluate own work and that of others to identify potential improvements
- Understand how to make constructive suggestions about how services can be improved
- Understand how to discuss and agree improvements with others
- Understand how to make agreed improvements to own work and how to support others to make changes
Unit 5: Equality and diversity in the health sector
- Know how legislation and policy provide guidance for promoting rights and supporting equality and diversity
- Understand the need to value individuality and respect diversity
- Understand how people’s behaviour impacts on equality and diversity
- Know how to respond appropriately to behaviour that is discriminatory or undermines equality and diversity
Unit 6: Health, safety and security in the health sector
- Understand how to assess and manage potential risks to the health, safety and security of self and others
- Understand how to work in ways that are consistent with legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- Understand the importance of, and how to provide reports of, actual and potential risks to health, safety and security
- Know how to support others in maintaining health, safety and security
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Distance learning|