About the course
Embark on a new career direction, or continue along the same path and build up your accounting acumen, with this fantastic course based on the fundamentals of financial accounting, which can be used as a stepping stone to continue on to the highly-reputed CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting Qualification. As an entry requirement for the aforementioned course, it makes sense to invest in your future with a course such as this, to give yourself a chance to prepare for the big guns later down the line!
Four Modules to Learn
Broken down into four different modules, the information that is packed into this course is broken down into manageable chunks so that you can learn as efficiently as possible. As with the other courses within this series, each different aspect of the course contributes a certain percentage to the overall result and should take approximately 18 hours to complete, but the study hours can vary depending on your method of learning.
Conceptual and regulatory framework (20%) includes the concepts of financial accounting, as well as various pricing strategies and the consequences that these can have on the market. Accounting systems (20%) will also be covered within the course, including the preparation of ledgers and the use of codes in accounting systems. Preparing accounts for single entities will make up almost half of the course (45%) and will cover areas including the preparation of accounts for transactions, financial statements and the use of basic ratios with regards to financial performance. The final module relates to the control of financial systems (15%) and covers the need for external controls on a business and the various internal control techniques that exist. Financial accounting is far more than just crunching numbers, and this is course reflects that from beginning to end!
Key Learning Points
Bear in mind that this course is a pre-requisite for the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification and is an ideal course to sign up for if you need to brush up on your financial accounting skills before you dive in to the above certification.
- Get to grips with the core concepts that relate to accounting for business and how these can be applied to real experiences.
- Introduce yourself to the principles of ledger accounting, including the principles of double-entry bookkeeping, the preparation of cash and bank accounts, petty cash statements, non-current asset registers and accounts for payroll. These will play a major part in your role as an accountant in the real world and so are pivotal parts of this course, too.
- Explore how to prepare accounts for transactions, gaining insight into accruals and prepayments, bad debts and allowances for receivables and inventories, while also learning how to make adjustments where necessary and ensuring that the numbers all add up.
- Define what internal and external audits are and the basics of what they entail. Distinguish between them and learn more about why they are so important for the operation of a business.
- Learn how errors in accounting are corrected, including those of principle, omission and commission. Practice with hands on tasks which will help you to learn through doing.
- Explore the nature of fraud, and how it can be detected and prevented to ensure smooth running of a business and its accounts.
Advantages of this course
- Plenty of online CIMA training resources available, alongside training manuals and practice exam kits, so that you can hone your skills and revise the materials throughout your learning journey.
- Improve your job prospects and increase the likelihood of employment, or in your current job, a pay rise!
- The course is split into manageable pieces, so you don’t need to worry about feeling overwhelmed by the amount of material you have to work through.
- Delivered online; simply sign up, sign in and learn!
- Interactive simulations to allow learning through doing – a proven way of retaining knowledge more effectively.
- Question papers at the end of each lesson, to help monitor your progress and provide feedback on what areas can be improved.
- Email and telephone-based support, for when you need help solving any technical issues.
Invest in your future, and the future of your business, or any business you may work for. Sign up for this course and you will be well on your way to accounting success.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|