About the course
Delve a little further below the surface of accountancy and explore the importance of ethics, corporate governance and business law within the field of business accounting. While studying this course, students will cover the fundamentals that they need to know if they want to progress further to complete the highly regarded CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting certification.
How Long Will it Take?
Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law 2011 is part of a broader spectrum of modules (C01 – C05) which make up the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting - one of the entry requirements for those who wish to stretch themselves a little more and study for the chartered management accounting qualification. This course forms the C05 module of the CIMA certificate, and should take approximately 20 study hours to complete, solely online.
What Will I Learn?
To make things a little easier, the course is broken down into seven manageable units of study, to ensure that students aren’t overwhelmed by the volume of information that they will learn across their study hours. Each unit will contribute a certain percentage towards the final result, so students should make sure that their concentration and motivation doesn’t falter as they progress! Once signed up for the course, students will be guided through modules including ethics and business (15%), ethical conflict (10%), corporate governance (10%), the comparison of English law with alternative legal systems (10%), the laws of contract (20%) and employment (10%), and company administration and finance (25%). Once this and the other courses that make up the C01-C05 CIMA modules, are complete, you will be able to continue to the next level of qualification and that means you’re another step closer to your accountancy goals!
Key Learning Points
A student’s ability to complete the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification relies on their previous completion of the CIMA C01-C05 certificates. The C05 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law 2011 course looks beyond the numbers to the ethics and legalities involved in business accounting.
- Learn how and why ethics are important to society, and why they play a pivotal role within business and the accountancy profession.
- Understand the importance of laws, regulations and business standards within a profession and how the upkeep of this framework can help towards the success of a business.
- Understand why lifelong learning and professional development is important for personal improvement and satisfaction levels.
- Explore the reasons behind code of ethics policies and why industry leaders including CIMA and IFAC adhere to theirs day in, day out.
- Get to grips with ‘the seven principles of public life’ and indoctrinate yourself to stick to them every day.
- Learn about the consequences that could be faced by unethical behaviour, and gain insight into the various ethical dilemmas that you may encounter during your professional life and how to resolve them.
- Define corporate governance and how it interacts with ethics and law of a business.
- Explore the various policies and procedures that can be adopted to ensure ‘best practice’.
- Discover the legal systems that exist across the globe and compare their policies and operations to what is adopted in England. Learn more about the importance of international regulations.
- Get to grips with simple contracts, terms and conditions and warranties and how to handle a breach of contract, as well as learning about the laws relating to frustrations and damages.
- Learn the difference between employees and contractors and the various policies and legislations that are in place to ensure their safety, as well as the safety of the business that employs them.
- Learn more about a company’s administration and finance, including shareholders, their rights and and their share capital, the powers of a director, the duties of a company secretary and the various characteristics of different types of business.
advantages of this course
- C01 – C05 each contribute to the professional CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting – this is an entry requirement for the prestigious CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification.
- Broken down into seven easy-to-navigate units to aid knowledge retention and to increase chances of success.
- Available online in the form of training manuals, online tutorials and self-assessments to help you learn with ease.
- Downloadable certificates once you pass, so you can print them off and keep them safe.
- Printable exercises and reference guides so that you can study away from the computer too.
- Continue your studies to the next stage, whenever you’re ready. No need to rush.
- Gain confidence with every module and add practical value to your employee skillset.
- Improve your job prospects and impress interviewees with a glowing CV that can mean the difference between you getting offered a job or being refused it.
Whether you’re hoping to advance further in your current job role or you’re planning on reaching for a better career, buying this course today will set you on your way to achieving your dreams!
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|