About the course
This qualification helps finance professionals develop decision-making and management skills, build expertise in technical accounting and define business strategy based on financial principles.
Begin to influence strategic business strategy decisions by completing the CIMA Management Level course from e-Careers. Picking up where the Operational Level course finished, the Management Level course takes students through several disciplines and techniques that will help develop the skills required to make medium-term strategic decisions.
The CIMA Professional qualification comprises three pillars of domain knowledge divided into three levels of achievement, of which Management is the second. This qualification helps finance professionals develop decision-making and management skills, build expertise in technical accounting and define business strategy based on financial principles.
The CIMA Management Level course is best suited to:
- Finance professionals who want to improve their understanding of medium-term management accounting principles.
- Experienced finance professionals who want to earn a globally-recognised management accounting qualification.
- Finance professionals who need to achieve the CIMA Professional qualification and who have already completed the CIMA Operational qualification.
- Individuals who would like to cross-train for a new career working in management finance.
Using a blend of interactive simulations, instructor-led videos and other courseware, the CIMA Management Level course is delivered online, so that contents are available anyplace anytime, acting as a ready reference as students try and apply their learning. Participants can test their knowledge and understanding of each module using a series of flash cards, whilst end of unit tests ensure they have fully grasped each concept.
The CIMA Management Level course also grants access to the e-Careers social networking platform where delegates can ask questions or share their real world knowledge and experience to help other learners. Upon completion of the course students will not only have mastered the CIMA Management Level training, but they will also be fully prepared to sit the Management Level exam.
Key Learning Points
The CIMA Management Level course is divided into three sections, each with a separate focus to ensure that students get a balanced understanding of intermediate-level management accounting. Using materials approved by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, learners will cover:
E2 – Project and Relationship Management
Focusing on organisational structure and the impact of change, this module introduces a number of intermediate concepts including:
- The importance of organisational design and its impact on organisational performance.
- Implementing change and project management frameworks to improve operations and profitability.
- The correct combination of teams, leadership and the management skills required to make both work together.
P2 – Advanced Financial Reporting
Taking financial reporting beyond simple budgets to gain deeper insight into costs, pricing and management control. This includes:
- Understanding the impact of costing and pricing.
- Improving cost estimates with activity-based costing.
- The use of performance management and transfer pricing, and Total Quality Management (TQM) principles.
F2 – Advanced Management Accounting
In most cases, management accounting will involve looking after multiple accounts simultaneously, and drawing insight from each. The F2 module covers:
- Considering complex groups, associates and joint ventures, and generating accurate reports based on each.
- Creating consolidated cash flow statements.
- Accounting for lease and share-based payments.
- International accounting standards that govern substance reports, deferred tax, earnings per share and more.
- Considering long-term finance and the cost of capital.
Each module of the CIMA Management Level contains a number of sections – the listing above is a very brief overview of what students can expect to cover.
Advantages of this course
The CIMA Management Level qualification is the second step to achieving CIMA Professional status. By completing this course students will master many of the intermediate principles of management accounting, providing them with the skills they need to begin making medium-term strategic financial decisions.
Other benefits of completing this course include:
- Learning the skills required to consolidate group accounts to build an accurate picture of finances.
- An understanding of how to implement new business processes designed to raise company profitability.
- The skills required to take medium term strategic financial decisions.
- Advanced reporting skills, allowing finance professionals to better understand corporate performance.
- Deeper insight into tax implications and International Accounting Standards.
- Full preparation for the CIMA Management Level exam.
- A collection of highly sought-after skills that will help widen the student’s employment options.
The CIMA Management Level course is a mandatory second step towards achieving CIMA Professional status and the benefits that that gold standard qualification attracts. Students will need to have first attained the CIMA Operational and Management Level qualifications before they can move on to the CIMA Strategic Level training.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|