About the course
Learn more about business accounting, without worrying about how overwhelming it might be, with this easy to follow online course suitable for complete beginners. Whether you’re looking to get ahead in accountancy as a business owner, a prospective employee or for personal use, this comprehensive IAB course is a great place to start.
No matter how large or small, every business will need an accounting element. Step into the 21st century and explore how computerised accounting can be fast, simple, thorough and accurate. If you’re a key player within a business, you will undoubtedly wish to know more about how well your business is performing. Learn how, with this course, which will help you to leap into the world of accounting and balancing your books with ease.
Accounting for Beginners
If you’re new to the accounting industry, or you’d like to gain computerised accountancy skills to further your professional development, this Level 1 IAB course offers a thorough syllabus for beginners. Learn the fundamental elements of accountancy, and grasp the first principles of double entry bookkeeping. Learn how these principles work within popular Sage software, and hone your new-found skills with the help of visual representations, activities and self-study tutorials as you progress through the learning elements at your own pace over a 12 month period.
Turn a Page in your Career
By developing your accountancy skills, you can turn the page to a new chapter in your working life. Accounts are part of any business’ mainframe and understanding the core principles can help you to ensure that you are the person managing them with accuracy and proficiency.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
As a perfect starting block for beginners, this Level 1 course is ideal for anyone wishing to delve into accountancy and book keeping without any need to worry about being thrown into the deep end.
- Learn more about the invaluable Sage software, with Sage 50 Accounts Professional included with the course – a perfect way to begin your accounting journey with a popular software package.
- Study how to set up new companies and how to protect and restore your data should something go wrong, which despite best efforts, can never be fully prevented.
- Get to grips with the use of batch entry for customers, sales, suppliers and purchases so that your experience with the software is as streamlined, simple and time-saving as possible.
- Understand how to set up tax codes, as well as customer and supplier accounts, whilst exploring the software and broadening your knowledge of its features.
- Build the confidence to deal with bank accounts, including bank reconciliation, transferring money between accounts and printing statements when required.
- Use a wealth of interactive videos and tutorials to ensure the information is retained for use as part of your prospective job role. With the availability of resources on your smartphone as well as online, studying accountancy has never been so easy.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- A perfect starting-point for anyone wishing to gain accountancy skills. Master the basics of Sage and you will smoothly progress through the course in no time at all.
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification once the course has been completed.
- Dual certification from Sage and IAB, with the opportunity to register as an IAB member – with ongoing support available - as soon as you sign up for the course.
- Register as an Associate Member of the IAB upon completion. That gives you the letters AIAB after your name for a professional touch!
- Exam fees are included, as are two retakes, just in case you don’t succeed on your first try. You can appear for your exams online rather than in person, if preferred.
- Learn to manage your professional and personal accounts and save money on accountancy or book keeping fees.
- Improve job prospects, gain skills to advance your career or run your own business accounts with ease.
- Become a competent user of Sage by the end of this IAB professional course with these skills and your IAB credentials, the accounting world is your oyster!
Invest in this course and you’ll be investing in your future as an IAB trained accountant.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|