About the course
Lay some essential foundations for a career in database design, with this comprehensive course and exam package. IT, the web and software are constantly changing and developing, and for a business to achieve their optimum online reach and continue to provide the best service that they can, an efficient and effective database should be in place to help keep the company organised and productive.
Give Businesses the Tools to Run Smoothly
It’s easy to become quickly snowed under with workload or information if a business or service doesn’t run smoothly, so if you want to ensure the best levels of productivity, databases need to be in place to ensure background processes operate like clockwork. As a database design specialist, you could be the person to implement these changes, and be one of the main reasons why any business can be a smoothly run success.
Work Through a Range of Resources
By signing up to this course and sitting the accompanying exam, students will be able to access a range of top quality resources and course materials that can help them to develop a clear level of understanding of database design, prove their knowledge and be able to use their new-found expertise to make real-life changes in a business. Basic knowledge of the purpose and function of a database is recommended - this course will teach you the rest!
Key learning points
Perfectly suited to current or prospective software programmers, IT managers and application developers, this course will provide individuals with the tools needed to improve their database knowledge, help with business strategy and optimise databases that are already in place.
- Learn more about the evolution of databases including file-based databases, and gain insight into what management systems are often used by businesses all over the world.
- Get to grips with the basics, and more advanced techniques, of Structured Query Language (SQL), and learn how to retrieve data from relations, and understand data definition and data control language.
- Gain insight into database design methodology, and understand what contributes to both good and bad design practises.
- Understand the difference between logical and physical databases, and identify elements of database security and the importance of it.
- Course includes all the elements needed to pass the included exam.
Advantages of this course
- Study online at your own pace with the comprehensive, easy to navigate courseware. Materials are available 24/7, 365 days a year, meaning students can enjoy convenient and flexible learning that can be completed around existing home and work commitments.
- If you do run into technical issues, our support team is available to help.
- Prove your new-found knowledge by sitting the accompanying CIW examination.
- Show off your new skills by adding them to your CV or LinkedIn profile, and impress future employers.
- Enhance the productivity of your business, by implementing design techniques that can help databases operate optimally.
- Develop your personal and professional portfolio by understanding database specialisation and design, and boost your confidence in the subject.
- Progress along your chosen career path with database design knowledge that is invaluable!
Specialise in database design by signing up to this in-depth course today – your business’ databases will thank you for it!
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|