About the course
Gain a basic insight into PRINCE2 Project Management quickly and easily with this introduction course from e-Careers. Specifically designed for individuals with little or no experience of project management, this introductory course provides a good high-level introduction without having to take a full PRINCE2 qualification programme.
This particular course is best suited to:
- Project managers or team members encountering the PRINCE2 methodology for the first time.
- Senior managers outside the project team who need a better understanding of the tools in use.
- Individuals considering qualification in PRINCE2 disciplines.
- Professionals considering retraining for a new career in project management.
The Introduction to PRINCE2 Project Management course gives participants a high level introduction to the themes and processes that make up the framework.
Using a blend of instructor led videos, multimedia presentations and self-study resources, each course can be accessed anyplace anytime on the e-Careers online learning platform. Quizzes and exam simulators help participants confirm their understanding and decide whether they should continue studying towards the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualifications.
Without going into great detail, the Introduction to PRINCE2 Project Management course ensures that participants have a good understanding of the PRINCE2 framework. Upon completion of this course, students can expect to be fully conversant in the themes and processes that make up the PRINCE2 framework.
Key learning points
The Introduction to Prince2 Project Management course covers topics including:
- The definition of a project according to the Prince2 methodology.
- Understanding the fundamental differences between a project and a programme, and the correct scenarios for using each.
- Understanding the concepts behind project management and why PRINCE2 is a worthy choice for use as a project management framework.
- Learning from past failures to identify common risks that could jeopardise future projects.
- Addressing those failures to learn valuable lessons for the future.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of this course, students will have a good working knowledge of basic project management principles and how they are applied using the PRINCE2 framework. They will also have enough understanding of PRINCE2 to decide whether they should pursue further studies and qualification.
The Introduction to PRINCE2 Project Management course will help:
- Improve students’ knowledge of project management, helping them better engage with project teams.
- Leaners assist in the early stages of project planning.
- Prepare project delivery team members to use their knowledge of the PRINCE2 framework to participate more effectively in projects.
- Build a basic foundation knowledge that can be built on for attaining the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualifications.
The Introduction to PRINCE2 Project Management course is an essential primer for any employee or project team member encountering Prince2 methodologies for the first time. Without the guidance provided by this programme, employees are unlikely to fully understand their roles and responsibilities or fully engage with the project due to a lack of understanding of the PRINCE2 framework.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|