About the course
Become an expert PRINCE2® certified project manager with the Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package. This low-cost package contains courseware for both Foundation and Practitioner level exams, helping students quickly become subject experts in the PRINCE2® project management methodology.
As a bonus this package also includes the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification exam, allowing learners to earn their certification before they complete the Practitioner modules.
This course is best suited to:
- Project managers who need to extend their existing skills or to master the PRINCE2® methodology at a more detailed level.
- Project managers who need to formalise their previous experience and earn both the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications.
- Project team members who want to better understand the PRINCE2® framework, its application and their role within the processes.
- Consultants and contractors who will be working with organisations that use the PRINCE2® framework to manage projects.
- Individuals needing to cross-train for a new role in project management and who want an industry-recognised qualification as proof of their abilities.
- Project professionals who need to earn the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification as quickly as possible – usually in as little as three weeks.
Covering every aspect of project management, PRINCE2® is designed to help organisations unify and simplify high-level management, control and organisation of a project using a single, effective framework. PRINCE2® is particularly popular with enterprise-class businesses and public sector bodies who often have extremely large projects with multiple deliverables to manage.
By the end of this course students should be fully prepared to sit and pass both Foundation and Practitioner level PRINCE2® qualifications. The Foundation exam is included in this bundle, allowing learners to earn their certification immediately.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and interactive self-study manuals, the Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package delivers 12 modules of in-depth training via our online learning platform. The platform is available 24x7, allowing students to access materials whenever and wherever is most convenient for their needs.
Key Learning Points
Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package is designed for project managers of all skill levels, from absolute beginner to those with several years of practical experience. As such, the course is divided into two halves, covering the basics in the Foundation modules, and more advanced topics in the Practitioner section.
Students taking advantage of this package are free to sit the PRINCE2® Foundation exam as soon as they have completed the Foundation-level content.
Once students have a basic understanding of PRINCE2®, focus then shifts to:
- Mastering the 7 Principles, Themes and Processes that make up the PRINCE2® framework.
- The Start Up (SU) process and associated activities that need to be started and completed to initiate a project.
- Using the Initiating a Project (IP) process to capture the information needed to govern the rest of the project.
- Controlling a Stage (CS) to help manage each stage of the project and the transitions between them.
- Managing Product Delivery (MP) that helps to ensure deliverables are completed on time to the standards agreed with customers/stakeholders.
- Directing a Project (DP) underpins the seven PRINCE2® principles by ensuring that responsibilities are properly delegated and assessments are completed accurately and on time.
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) to produce progress reports, obtain sign off and create a lessons report to inform future stages and projects.
- Closing a Project (CP) during which final sign-off is sought from the previously identified stakeholders, an end project report is written and the benefits of the project are properly reviewed to determine value.
Having mastered the seven PRINCE2® principles, course focus then shifts to the seven themes associated with the methodology:
- The Organisation theme that helps define roles and responsibilities for the project board and appoints the project management team.
- The Business Case theme that clarifies expected outputs, outcomes and expected benefits, and how they will each be achieved.
- The Risk theme which seeks to identify and manage risks that could affect project success or timescales.
- The Plans theme which defines projects stages, scheduling, resources and financing to ensure everything is in place to allow the project to keep moving forwards.
- The Quality theme which is used to define customer expectations of quality and how those standards will be met.
- The Change theme that is used to control issues and changes during the project and to prevent scope creep or unplanned changes.
- The Progress theme that helps ensure the project continues moving forward through each stage to final delivery and sign off.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the course students can sit Foundation and Practitioner exam simulators that will clearly indicate their readiness for the official exam. Students confident that they have attained the requisite level of knowledge can go straight ahead and sit the full exam and earn their qualification immediately.
This bundle also ensures that students have mastered the advanced PRINCE2® Practitioner concepts, readying them for senior project management roles.
Learners who complete the Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package will benefit from:
- Foundational and advanced understanding of the PRINCE2® methodology, readying them for the associated exams.
- The ability to lead and deliver a successful project that is managed using PRINCE2® themes and principles.
- Improved performance of PRINCE2® project management teams.
- The opportunity to earn a world-famous project management qualification.
- Improved employment prospects as the holder of one of the most prestigious project management qualifications available.
The PRINCE2 Foundation examinations are available in the following languages:
- Brazilian (Portuguese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|