About the course
When completing this diploma, you can expect to have knowledge in all areas of floristry, including:
- An introduction to floristry where you will learn the basics of floristry, a history and what you will need to have a career in this industry.
- Careers in Floristry – in this module you will learn your responsibilities, requirements for entering the industry and the possibilities that are available to you.
- What you need to know about flowers and plants – this essential module will provide you with all the information you need to know about plants and flowers, from colours to diseases to handling and more.
- Services provided – you will learn what services are provided by florists and various business models, how to use technology and how to deal with commercial customers.
- How to process, store and maintain plants – in this module you will learn some valuable advice on the processing, storing and maintaining of plants, along with products you can use to maintain cut flowers.
- Popular flowers, greens and fillers – this module will provide you with the information needed in the florist industry regarding the most popular flower choices and what greens and fillers you can use to create a spectacular bouquet or arrangement.
- Elements and principles of design – this module is going to provide you with insight into the design elements associated with floristry. Balance, scale, colour and size and so much more.
- Design basics – you will learn the basics of design and style in floristry. Elements of design, Western and Eastern influences and mass arrangements are covered in this information packed module.
- Making floral arrangements – in this module you will learn how to make floral arrangements.
- Vase arrangements – learn how to effectively create the perfect arrangement for a vase.
- Tied bouquet – learn how to pick a focal flower to create the centrepiece of your bouquet. Take advantage of the easy to understand step by step instructional video.
- The corsage – learn the history of the corsage and how to make one.
- Wedding flowers – the requirements, setting yourself up as a wedding florist, building a portfolio and how to create the perfect wedding bouquet.
- Funeral flowers – learn the traditions surrounding funeral flowers, choosing the flowers and their meaning and how to create a funeral wreath.
- Basket gardens and fruit baskets – learn how to create beautiful basket gardens or fruit baskets.
- Jobs in the Florist Industry – this module will provide you with some insight on how to get a job in the florist industry, from looking for an opening to creating your own job opportunities.
- Starting your own florist business – this module covers everything from creating a business plan to financing.
- Marketing – you will learn the best marketing techniques you can use to boost your brand and increase your customer base.
To get 80% off the course fee, please use code JOBSTODAY80 at the checkout.