About the course
Whether simply improving Windows server management skills, or working towards an MCSE certification, the MCSA Server 2012 course is an essential component of both. This course contains all the materials and practice notes required to achieve the MCSA qualification and the associated benefits.
From installing and configuring Windows Server 2012 to managing the advanced services included in the operating system, engineers and network managers will gain a complete understanding of deployment in a real-world environment. This is then complemented by in-depth study of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, covering the stages between installation and configuration, and building a comprehensive Unified Messaging solution that scales in line with a growing business.
More than simply providing access to course materials however, e-Careers’ Practice-Labs help delegates develop their practical skills with access to dedicated live equipment, allowing them to put their knowledge to the test and recreate the scenarios they encounter in their studies. By completing this course students will not only fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft Windows Server 2012, but also develop the skills needed to properly manage, maintain and troubleshoot servers as they would in any enterprise-class datacenter.
Key learning points
The MCSA Server 2012 qualification is built around three exams, and this course is tailored to help students properly understand the concepts and techniques required to pass them all.
Training begins by familiarising delegates with the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012:
- Installing and configuring Server 2012 including basic hardware and permissions configuration.
- Configuring key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Creating Active Directory users and computers and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage a corporate network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Once the core principles behind installing and configuring a Windows 2012 Server have been grasped, training then moves on to concentrate on the skills needed by an IT professional to keep the server running in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and policies, Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the wider network efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The final section of the course is a deep-dive into the advanced Windows Server 2012 services required to maintain an enterprise-class operating environment. Students can expect to learn:
- How and why to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- Installing and managing Windows Server 2012 in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
Once these three modules are complete, students will have the knowledge and practical experience required to earn the Microsoft Server 2012 MCSA qualification.
Advantages of this course
Web-accessible course materials allow students to follow the course at their own pace, in their own time. The MCSA Server 2012 course from e-Careers provides:
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Server 2012 exam, also laying the foundations for obtaining the MCSE qualification.
- Develop real-world skills to back up server installation and management theory.
- Improve knowledge, skills and employment prospects with Microsoft-approved course materials.
- Install, configure and maintain Windows Server 2012 for optimum performance and reliability.
- Master the techniques required to deploy, configure and manage Active Directory and associated services.
- Construct, deploy and manage an advanced Windows Server 2012 network and operating environment.
The MCSA Server 2012 course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their server and network management skills, or gain the knowledge and experience required to pass their MCSA exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|