About the course
Explore and master the fundamental techniques of designing, deploying and managing a Cisco-based network with the CCNA & CCNP bundle from e-Careers. Using expert instructor-led training, customised presentations, practice exams and other learning supplements, students will have all the materials they need to master advanced Cisco networking techniques at their own pace.
The CCNA and CCNP bundle will prepare students to sit and pass the exams required for both qualifications – regarded as the gold standard for network engineers. By selecting this double package, students have access to the materials for both Cisco qualifications, giving them all the skills they need to build and manage a complete enterprise-class corporate network.
In addition, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills required to master IP, OSPF, ACLs (Ethernet and Access Control Lists), VLANs, Frame Relay, Serial Line Interface Protocol and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol. Engineers and administrators can then apply this knowledge to building and supporting robust, scalable corporate networks for their employers.
By introducing managers and other project professionals to the general management lifecycle for a project, students gain a greater understanding of how the framework is applied. Using what they learn on the course, delegates will be ready to become valuable members of the project team, or to take management control of their first ever project.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the ITIL Intermediate SOA course can be accessed anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule. In-built social networking tools allow students to discuss topics and learn from each other’s knowledge and experience too. Finally, the end of section tests will help participants identify whether they are ready to sit the CAPM exam and earn their certification.
Who is it for?
- Anyone interested in learning about project management
- Professionals looking to better their understanding of project management and improve their skills
At a glance
- RRP £500 now just £149
- Get certified in project management
- Course code: EC112074
Is this course right for me?
The CAPM certification course is particularly well-suited to:
- Project managers who need to improve on the basics of their discipline.
- Employees who have recently acquired project management responsibilities and need to improve their skillset accordingly.
- Senior project team members who want to better understand their roles within the project management cycle.
- People interested in cross-training into a new career that involves elements of project management.
Key Learning points
13 course modules take students through the complete project lifecycle, using simple examples to introduce the core lifecycle stages and the sorts of activities that need to be completed at each. Delegates will learn about:
- The general features common to all projects, including terminology, relationships and organisational structures required to successfully deliver a project.
- Project management processes, like the process group interactions and the difference between project lifecycle and project management process.
- Managing each of the project processes to ensure timely progress, including the assembly of a project management team, developing a project plan, and how to close projects and phases according to pre-agreed standards.
- Using scope definitions to reduce the likelihood of project creep whilst continuing to deliver according to stakeholder requirements.
- Managing time and cost factors that could critically affect project success.
- Defining and maintaining standards of quality throughout the project processes and final deliverables.
- Assigning and managing the human resources required to meet project obligations.
- Building a communications framework to ensure the free flow of data and information between stakeholders and the project team.
- Managing risk and other factors which could affect project deliverables.
- Building a procurement framework that ensures materials and resources are sourced at the right points throughout the project lifecycle.
- How to identify stakeholders and manage interactions to ensure free flow of information without negatively affecting project progress.
Upon completion of the CAPM course, project managers and other delegates will have a good, high-level understanding project management principles and processes – enough to help them get started managing their own projects. As an industry-approved, globally-recognised qualification, candidates passing the CAPM exam will benefit from:
- A deeper appreciation of project management procedures, allowing them to be more effective in their role.
- Documented proof of project management understanding.
- Improved employment prospects within project management roles.
- A good foundation knowledge of project management processes and techniques that prepare students for more specialised exams including PMP, Agile and PRINCE2.
The CAPM course and exam are an essential qualification for professionals who need a basic understanding of project management processes helping them to become more effective in their current roles. The CAPM qualification is the first stepping stone to improved employment opportunities and a career move into project management proper.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|