About the course
Discover the fundamentals of writing a risk assessment in this engaging and accessible follow-up course, designed for students who have already successfully completed the How to Carry Out a Risk Assessment course. It provides students with a basic framework of knowledge and arms them with a practical set of skills that they can apply in their place of employment.
No matter what type of employment you are in or what type of business you own, every organisation is required by law to carry out risk assessments. This legal requirement is in place to help protect the health, safety and welfare of employees. For some, the thought of carrying out a risk assessment and then having to record any significant findings can seem like a daunting prospect. The reality is that you don't have to be a health and safety expert to be able to carry out a risk assessment, provided you fully understand exactly all of the elements involved in the process.
Many organisations prefer for risk assessments to be carried out 'in-house' because existing employees are already familiar with their working environment, and may already have identified some potential risks and hazards. Provided staff members receive the right training and have the confidence to put their newly acquired skills into action, then there's no reason why employees can't carry out a risk assessment to the expected industry standard.
This course guides students through every step of the process of writing a risk assessment, and equips them with essential knowledge and practical skills that allows them to approach the task with complete and total confidence.
Key Learning Points
This course is aimed at students who have already successfully completed the How to Carry Out a Risk Assessment course, and focuses on the specifics of recording any significant findings to an acceptable industry standard. It is aimed at employees whose role requires them to provide input or assist in the process of conducting risk assessments in their place of work.
- Learn what a risk assessment is and how it should be applied in the workplace.
- Recognise the need for, and practical use of, risk assessments in the workplace environment.
- Understand the key differences between a risk assessment and a method statement, and know when and how each should be used within your place of work.
- Learn how to conduct a risk assessment to the expected industry standard in your place of work.
- Explore practical ways to ensure that your actions help to promote the health, safety and welfare of all employees.
- Discover why it is so important that all those involved in an organisation's emergency response plan completely understand their role and individual responsibilities.
- Learn how to communicate confidently and effectively should any staff member require further clarification regarding their role and individual responsibilities.
- Understand the importance of regularly reviewing risk assessments, updating where necessary and ensuring that all recommendations are adhered to and correctly applied.
Use this course to build a more expansive framework of knowledge, and discover how any employee can actively contribute towards promoting the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others in almost any type of working environment.
Advantages of this course
- Hosted on our unique Learning Management System (LMS), which is optimised for use with PC, laptop and mobile device, and is designed to provide users with a slick and efficient user experience.
- Help with finances: save on any costs or expenses incurred including money spent on travel, accommodation and any time spent away from work.
- Adapt the course to suit your schedule and individual style of learning.
- Choose from a broad selection of multimedia content, interactive course materials and engaging quizware.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|