About the course
Develop a greater knowledge and practical understanding of the risks associated with exposure to asbestos in the workplace. Equip employees with essential up-to-date information so that they are able to implement the appropriate safety measures, reduce risks and work in accordance with health and safety legislation.
Asbestos can present a very real threat in the workplace. Even though the use of asbestos is now banned, there are many older buildings where asbestos materials and products can still be found. Exposure to asbestos can cause a number of unpleasant symptoms including wheezing, shortness of breath and chest pain. In some cases, these symptoms can lead to potentially fatal illnesses including lung cancer, emphysema and asbestosis. Therefore, it is essential that employees who work with, or are exposed to, asbestos are given adequate training and fully understand how to manage the dangers present.
In fact, the law states that any worker who may inadvertently disturb or be exposed to asbestos must be trained to the appropriate industry standard. They must be able to understand asbestos health and safety regulations, and should be provided with enough information so that they are suitably equipped to be able to perform the task at hand in the safest possible way. This responsibility falls to the manager or supervisor of the project - they must ensure that adequate training is provided for all employees, and that the appropriate safety measures are put in place.
Participating in this entry-level Asbestos Awareness course is an ideal way of enhancing employees' knowledge of health and safety best practices, and an essential training choice for any student who wishes to help promote a safer and more efficient working environment.
Key Learning Points
This introductory awareness course is developed by a team of industry leaders and globally renowned experts, and is designed to provide students with an enjoyable and rewarding digital learning experience. This course is ideally suited to:
- Employees who are required to work in a building or environment where asbestos materials and products are present.
- Any employer or employee who may inadvertently disturb asbestos while conducting their daily working duties.
- Managers and/or supervisors who are responsible for a team of employees who work in an environment where asbestos materials or products are in use.
- Any employee who is looking to increase their knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices in order to embark upon a new career path, or simply wish to build on their current set of skills.
Advantages of this course
- The Asbestos Awareness course is designed by a team of leading professionals and industry experts who have over 30 years' experience in providing businesses with innovating and highly effective health and safety risk management solutions.
- A flexible digital learning solution that offers students great value for money.
- Hosted on our Learning Management System, which is designed to provide an intuitive and succinct user experience.
- Allows access to a whole range of interactive and innovating digital learning features
- Adapt the course to complement any learning style, and to fit even the most hectic of schedules.
- Ability to learn anywhere, at any time and on any device including PC, tablet and mobile phone.
- Complete this introductory entry-level awareness course and receive an course completion certificate.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|