About the course
Build and secure a cutting edge network using Cisco technologies and the CCNA Security bundle from e-Careers. Designed for network managers and engineers responsible for implementing network security for small and medium businesses, this course teaches the fundamentals of IP technology implementations, before showing delegates how to boost security.
With its focus on network security, this course is best suited to:
- Network managers who want to improve their understanding of security protocols and provisions.
- Network engineers tasked with implementing and configuring security provisions.
- Engineers working with Cisco equipment who want to formalise their training and obtain a vendor-approved qualification.
- IT professionals who want to cross-train into a network security role.
The CCNA Security bundle is the best way for the administrators of Cisco networks to learn how to design, implement and manage a secure network they work towards the gold standard CCNA certification.
After covering networking fundamentals, engineers will move onto learning the techniques required to secure Cisco hardware and networks. From router lockdown to Access Control Lists (ACLs), through to IOS Firewall setup, students will learn how to protect data and network resources from intruders.
Key Learning Points
As a three part bundle of courses, the Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security module will prove to be of greatest interest to network security professionals. Using a combination of instructor-led videos, self-study materials and practical exercises that students can practice in their own test labs, this course will help delegates understand:
- How to use the Cisco Router SDM security audit feature to identify unauthorised network resource usage.
- Securing routers to prevent hackers from gaining access to key network resources.
- The Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting philosophy – key to implementing Cisco-approved security solutions that work.
- Using Access Control Lists to limit network access, mitigate threats and minimise attack surfaces.
- The use of stateful firewalls to identify and block low level hacking attempts automatically.
- Securing inter-site VPNs and data transfer using SDM on Cisco routers.
To help give context to the security modules, students will also study parts 1 and 2 of the CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices modules – key to achieving the CCNA qualification. These courses take students through the fundamentals of IP technology, and how to configure and deploy Cisco routers and switches in a corporate network.
Advantages of this course
Network security managers and engineers will find the CCNA Security Bundle invaluable for improving their skills and making them more effective at work. These new skills will allow them to:
- Design, configure and deploy a secure network that meets the changing needs of a business without exposing data to unnecessary risk.
- Segment and secure network traffic to deliver an exceptional user experience and to prevent data and systems from being hacked or lost.
- Build inter-site links and implement firewalls and VPN security to protect data as it travels between sites.
- Use the advanced features of Cisco IOS to further improve security and performance of network resources.
Upon completion of the CCNA Security bundle, students will be ready to sit (and pass) their Cisco CCNA exams. They will also find that their vendor-specific skillset greatly improves employment prospects in the network security sector.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|