About the course
Improve operational support and analysis by applying the principles taught in the ITIL® Intermediate OSA course. Targeted at IT professionals responsible for configuration management, operations and availability, the ITIL® Intermediate OSA course shows how to implement Operational Support and Analysis best practices.
The ITIL® framework is a vendor-agnostic library of processes and procedures designed to improve IT service delivery. The ITIL® Intermediate OSA course helps students focus purely on the operational support and analysis aspects of the framework, making it perfect for:
- Configuration managers who will be responsible for making the operational changes required for ITIL® event and incident management.
- The availability manager who will be responsible for designing operational support mechanisms without affecting system availability.
- IT operations managers who need to better understand and measure their operational performance.
- Other IT professionals responsible for assisting with operational support and analysis functions.
The self-study format of the ITIL® Intermediate OSA course uses videos, documents and self-assessment tools to help students focus their attentions and efforts appropriately. Upon completion, students will be ready to sit the ITIL® OSA exams, or to continue studying for the full ITIL® Intermediate qualification.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The ITIL® Intermediate OSA course introduces the concepts of operational support and analysis in context to the rest of the ITIL® framework before going on to focus on the core elements of OSA. Moving forward, delegates will learn about:
- Event management – planning and executing a cycle of actions to handle system and organisation events.
- Incident management – using pre-planned responses to service incidents with a view to minimising negative effects and delivering satisfactory outcomes.
- An access management process that protects internal data security.
- Request fulfilment – how to meet the demands of service users without compromising other operations and delivering outcomes according to agreed service levels.
- Service desk management tools and techniques used to record incidents, requests and events and to agree suitable service level agreements.
- The functions and roles required to build a robust operational support and analysis service and to support each of the previously defined processes.
- The use of technology to help improve and underpin OSA frameworks and processes.
By mastering these principles, IT service managers will be able to better analyse and implement operations that meet the needs of their service users, without negatively affecting other business concerns.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
By undertaking the ITIL® Intermediate OSA course, IT service managers and other configuration professionals will be fully equipped to manage the operational support and analysis portions of an ITIL®-enabled service offering. Other benefits include:
- A complete understanding of the granular processes involved in ITIL® OSA, and how they can be applied to any IT service offering.
- How to meet demands and raise standards in a way that benefits service users and provider alike, creating new value and efficiencies in the process.
- Greater efficiency within roles as IT service team members better understand their OSA responsibilities.
- Earning credits towards the full ITIL® Intermediate qualification quota.
- Greater employment options as students acquire more transferable skills.
The ITIL® Intermediate OSA certificate gives IT professionals a significant professional advantage over their less qualified colleagues, by creating new progression and employment prospects.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|