About the course
Give your website a makeover with this fantastic course that will ensure you can handle the basics of website design and know how to apply them. With a range of video tutorials, you will be guided through the fundamental concepts behind website design, and taught how to create content-rich, polished and professional sites from the get go. As part of the course, you will get to grips with some industry-leading applications that are part of the Adobe franchise, including Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop. You can download free trials of Adobe software if you don’t already have them, to help you to practice your new-found knowhow and learn how to create top-notch websites, every single time.
Online Study for the Ultimate Convenience
Study online at your own pace, from within the comfort of your own home. We all know how work and home commitments can get in the way of even the best intended plans, and therefore studying via traditional routes of classrooms and study centres may be unfeasible for your lifestyle. Instead, simply switch on your computer and sign in to the courseware to enjoy the flexibility and convenience that the e-learning route offers.
A Comprehensive Curriculum, in Manageable Chunks
The syllabus is broken down into two sections, which are further split into eight easy-to-manage chapters each. On average, students can expect to use approximately 11 hours to work through the curriculum, but if this is spread over a number of days, weeks or months, you should barely notice. In fact, the course is available to you for a full 12 months after registration, so you’ll have no excuse at all!
If your future aspirations include designing functional and professional websites, either for personal use, as part of a team or on a freelance basis, this package is the perfect place in which to begin your endeavours. Create fantastic websites every time with this package that can help you to makeover your sites, and makeover your future.
Key Learning Points
An ideal course for anyone who wants to know how to makeover a website, and fast!
- Look at ways in which a website can be improved, and learn the techniques needed to carry out these improvements.
- Learn how to create a company logo with Illustrator and use Photoshop to prepare a mock-up of a new website’s layout.
- Look at how you can make slices with the Fireworks selection tool, and how to add more slices to a web page. Learn how to optimise images with the optimise palette, too.
- Learn how to create a Dreamweaver site, including choosing background colours, modifying a template and editing layouts in Fireworks. Learn how to add content to pages, and how to link buttons with ease.
- Get to grips with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and understand its uses, benefits and basic elements. Learn how to duplicate, modify and move styles and learn how to create and apply a new class style.
- Learn how to set up rollover buttons and popup menus, and how to create animated .gif files in Fireworks.
- Learn how to integrate CSS and DHTML layers and how to set up forms on the Stu. page.
- Get to grips with creating web shot galleries, and how to incorporate a gallery into a web page.
- Understand the basics about incorporating Flash and Flash video into a web page.
- Learn how to make Flash slideshows, complete with navigation buttons, button behaviours and button graphics.
- Learn how to create a Flash banner ad, including creating motion and shape tweens, and adjusting animations to coincide with appropriate timings.
- Discover how to test a website to check for potential problems, and learn how to add metadata and keywords to aid SEO benefits. Demonstrate how to check source code for errors, and learn how to fix them.
- Learn how to create business cards and brochures with web page graphics, and how to save them as PDF files for printing purposes.
Advantages of this course
- Become skilled at producing and publishing websites which can be used on desktop and mobile devices.
- Makeover your personal or professional websites to ensure that they represent high standards and give a great impression.
- Learn how to completely overhaul websites to produce a professional finish – a skill often sought after by employers worldwide.
- Study online, whenever you have the time to do so; no need to worry about strict deadlines or timetables.
- Course material is delivered in manageable chunks, to aid your learning journey.
- Learn by doing, with a range of interactive simulations that can help you to apply your knowledge in a practical sense.
- Use multiple choice and fill in the blank exercises to track your progress and assess your know-how in advance of the final examination.
- Print off reference guides and exercises so that you have them to hand as you work through the tutorials.
- Upgrades are available for a full 12 months, in case the syllabus changes during your studies.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|