About the course
Containing courseware for some of the world’s most desirable project management qualification, this bundle represents an extremely cost effective way to attain:
- Both PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications.
- The PMP Project Management Professional qualification.
- The IASSC Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
As well as providing accessing to invaluable self-study courseware, the Project Manager Director Pack also includes the exam fees for the PRINCE2® and Six Sigma Black Belt qualifications.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and interactive self-study manuals, the Project Manager Director Pack delivers in-depth training via the e-Careers online learning platform for each of the bundled courses. The e-Careers platform is available 24x7, allowing students to access training materials and exercises whenever and wherever is most convenient for them.
Who is it for?
The Project Manager Director Pack from e-Careers is a cost-effective way for individuals to master several project and process-related frameworks and disciplines, giving them a vast store of knowledge from which to work. This unique bundle will help project directors stand out from the crowd, aided by three high-value, industry-recognised qualifications.
At a glance
- RRP £4000 now just £1450
- Attain PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner, PMP and IASSC Six Sigma Black Belt certifications
- Course code: EC111957
Is this course right for me?
The PMP course is of particular use to:
- Project managers who need to improve their skills, or to obtain industry-recognised proof of their abilities.
- Senior project managers who need to learn multiple management techniques.
- Project managers who need to add process improvement skills to their experience.
- Managers who want to add several project management skills to their resumé.
- Project management consultants who need to prove their abilities to clients.
- Professionals looking to move into a senior project management role.
Key Learning Points
The first course takes students through the PRINCE2® project management framework. Used by enterprise-class organisations and government bodies to manage particularly complex projects, PRINCE2® is regarded as one of the most useful and valuable project management qualifications available today. As they begin study, students will initially learn about the Foundation-level principles, covering:
- Mastering the 7 Principles, Themes and Processes that make up the PRINCE2® framework.
- The Start Up (SU) process and associated activities that need to be started and completed to initiate a project.
- Using the Initiating a Project (IP) process to capture the information needed to govern the rest of the project.
- Controlling a Stage (CS) to help manage each stage of the project and the transitions between them.
- Managing Product Delivery (MP) that helps to ensure deliverables are completed on time to the standards agreed with customers/stakeholders.
- Directing a Project (DP) underpins the seven PRINCE2® principles by ensuring that responsibilities are properly delegated and assessments are completed accurately and on time.
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) to produce progress reports, obtain sign off and create a lessons report to inform future stages and projects.
- Closing a Project (CP) during which final sign-off is sought from the previously identified stakeholders, an end project report is written and the benefits of the project are properly reviewed to determine value.
Once complete, students can elect to sit the bundled PRINCE2® Foundation certificate exam to earn their qualification.
Once the PRINCE2® Foundation certificate has been awarded, students will move onto the Practitioner level course content, learning about:
- The Organisation theme that helps define roles and responsibilities for the project board and appoints the project management team.
- The Business Case theme that clarifies expected outputs, outcomes and expected benefits, and how they will each be achieved.
- The Risk theme which seeks to identify and manage risks that could affect project success or timescales.
- The Plans theme which defines projects stages, scheduling, resources and financing to ensure everything is in place to allow the project to keep moving forwards.
- The Quality theme which is used to define customer expectations of quality and how those standards will be met.
- The Change theme that is used to control issues and changes during the project and to prevent scope creep or unplanned changes.
- The Progress theme that helps ensure the project continues moving forward through each stage to final delivery and sign off.
The Project Manager Director Pack focus then shifts to the Six Sigma Black Belt course. Six Sigma is a globally process improvement framework designed to reduce inefficiency and waste found in business processes.
The Black Belt course takes students through basic (Yellow Belt) and intermediate (Green Belt) concepts before moving on to teaching them about:
- The Define phase during which projects are defined, elements of waste are identified and wrap up and action items are defined, and the management decisions required to move the project forward.
- The Measure phase which is used to discover existing processes and apply analytical techniques to define an operational baseline and calculate the potential capability of each. Students will also be shown how to collate this information from multiple sources to make informed project decisions.
- The Analyse phase which uses statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to model how processes may be improved and the potential value of each improvement. Delegates will also learn advanced techniques like X Sifting and testing normal and non-normal data, before defining up and action items.
- The Improve phase which takes modelling and experimentation to the next level, helping students identify the changes that will deliver the greatest business benefits. The Black Belt level course goes also introduces students to advanced concepts including full factorial and fractional factorial experiments for in-depth process modelling.
- The Control phase monitors changes made and records any deviations from the predicted benefits, allowing for immediate remedial action. Black Belt delegates will cover Lean, Defect, Statistical Process and Six Sigma controls to better manage the process.
The final course included in the Project Manager Director Pack is the highly-respected Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI. The PMP course modules will show students:
- How to build the plans and processes required to plan every stage, milestone and deliverable of the project lifecycle.
- How to build a project team capable of delivering according to stakeholder expectations and agreements.
- Identifying, quantifying and mitigating project risks to ensure positive project outcomes.
- Building quality assurance into the project lifecycle to ensure all deliverables meet pre-agreed standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Accurately estimating and budgeting for time, finances and human resources required for each project stage.
- Controlling project costs to ensure delivery on, or under, the agreed financial limits.
- Implementing procurement structures to ensure resources and materials are available when required.
- Delivering projects on time, on budget and according to customer preferences, improving profitability and company success rates using either PRINCE2® or PMP as appropriate.
- Helps project management professionals become more proficient and effective in their jobs.
- Fully prepares candidates for the PRINCE2® and Six Sigma Black Belt qualification exams, which will prove their competence in the field of project management and process improvement.
- Improve the hands-on skills of those completing the courses, helping students be more effective in their current roles.
- Offers candidates the potential to boost their earnings by up to 20% according to research from brighthubpm.com.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|