About the course
Learn how to build an enterprise class messaging solution with this advanced course that combines elements of Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 to give system and network administrators a well-rounded skillset. This course takes students through every concept and technique required to pass the MCSA Windows Server 2012 and MCSE Messaging exams.
This course is best suited to:
Experienced network engineers and administrators who need to learn new messaging-specific skills.
Engineers and technicians who want to up-skill in anticipation of a new role or responsibilities.
IT professionals and consultants who need an industry-recognised qualification to prove their skills and experience.
Individuals who would like to learn new IT skills that will help them complete a career-change.
From initial installation to managing the advanced services included in Windows Server 2012, engineers and network managers will gain a complete understanding of deployment in a real-world environment. This is then extended with an in-depth study of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, covering the stages between first installation, and building a comprehensive Unified Messaging solution that scales to meet the needs of a growing business.
Combining instructor led videos with self-study resources, the MCSE Server 2012 & 2013 Messaging course is delivered online, so that contents are available anyplace anytime. A built-in social networking platform also allows participants to ask questions and share knowledge and experience with their peers.
Who is it for?
- Anyone working in IT who is looking to further their skills and learn the ins and outs of server maintenance
- IT technicians and administrators looking to take the next step forward with Microsoft servers
- Professionals looking to revisit their existing skills or anyone looking to change career altogether and venture into a new and exciting opportunity.
At a glance
- RRP £600 now just £199
- Accredited Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Training
- Demonstrate understanding of Microsoft network maintenance
Is this course right for me?
Using five in-depth modules, IT professionals will learn the fundamental skills and techniques required to maintain the two most important corporate IT resources – servers running Windows Server 2012 and the Exchange Server 2013 messaging platform.
Training begins by introducing students to the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012:
- Installing and configuring Server 2012 and setting up basic hardware and permissions configurations.
- How to configure key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking.
- Creating Active Directory user and computer objects and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required for granular control of a corporate network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources to authorised users.
The second training module covers the skills needed by an IT professional to keep a Windows Server 2012 machine running in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using machine images.
- Improving data access whilst maintaining security using File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), Distributed File Systems (DFS) and file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems before they result in unplanned downtime.
- Managing the network infrastructure efficiently and securely with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The final section of the Server 2012 portion of the course delves into the advanced services required to maintain an enterprise-class IT environment. Students can expect to learn:
- Installing and managing Windows Server 2012 in a virtualised (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network configuration and management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources using Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS), Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
The course then shifts focus to Microsoft Exchange 2013 and the fundamentals of the messaging platform. Students will learn:
- How to deploy and manage Exchange Server 2013, and use the tools provided to monitor, maintain and troubleshoot a server instance.
- An introduction to the Exchange Server roles and how they are best deployed and managed.
- How to plan, deploy and secure a high-availability Exchange Server by mastering permissions, antivirus, antispam, backup and data recovery provisions.
- Implementing and securing remote email access using the Outlook Web App and third-party mobile messaging apps.
- Centralising and managing recipient objects, address policies and address lists to improve internal and external communications.
Finally participants will move on to learn the advanced features of Exchange Server 2013, Which will help them overcome the real-world challenges of managing an enterprise mail server:
- Building a Unified Messaging (UM) solution that improves business-wide communications and availability.
- Boosting security and compliance provisions to meet operational and legal requirements.
- Building an email archiving solution to manage an ever-increasing volume of messages.
- Planning hybrid scenarios including migration and federation of messaging and data.
Students can take the MCSE Messaging course in their own time, before applying what they learn at their place of work. An essential qualification for IT system administrators, participants on the MCSE Messaging course can expect to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding how to design and deploy Windows Server 2012 and Exchange Server 2013.
- Develop real-world server management and messaging skills using the latest Microsoft technologies to support installation and management theory.
- Improve knowledge, skills and employment prospects with Microsoft-approved course materials.
- Master the techniques required deploy, configure and manage Active Directory and link it to the messaging platform to improve Unified Messaging effectiveness.
- Construct, deploy and manage an integrated Windows Server 2012/Exchange Server 2013 network infrastructure.
- Access all the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Server 2012 and Exchange 2013 exams, before going on to earn the highly-prized MCSE Messaging qualification.
The MCSE Server 2012 and 2013 Messaging course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their server and network management skills, or gain the knowledge and experience required to earn the MCSE Messaging qualification.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|