About the course
Reduce risk and help guarantee positive project outcomes with the RMP course. Every project contains an element of risk, and it is the risk manager’s responsibility to identify and minimise each as far as possible.
The RMP course is of particular interest to:
- Project management team members tasked with risk management activities.
- Project managers who need to improve their understanding of risk management principles and techniques.
- Professionals looking for a career change by moving into risk management.
The RMP course is typically aimed at risk management professionals with at least one year of experience in a role with exposure to risk management. Students will improve their knowledge of risk management processes, giving them the skills and experience they need to identify and analyse risks. They will then learn about the strategies required to mitigate those risks and improve project outcomes.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the RMP course can be accessed anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule. End of section tests help participants identify whether they are fully ready to sit the final RMP exam and earn their qualification, whilst social networking tools allow participants to share their knowledge and experience with other learners.
Key Learning Points
Focusing on the risk management aspects of project management, the RMP course will introduce students to the concepts behind risks and their management, before moving on to more detailed analysis of the procedures and actions required to improve project outcomes.Among the topics students cover are:
- Properly defining risks and implementing good risk management practices that will help mitigate them.
- The various organisational approaches to risk management and the benefits of each.
- Understanding and managing roles and attitudes to risk management within a project lifecycle.
- How to build risk management principles into project plans and frameworks to improve project outcomes.
- Using tools, techniques and templates to better classify, prioritise and manage risk throughout the project.
- Understanding the various risk assessment techniques and how they can be applied to specific projects.
- Using risk analysis to properly understand the cause and effect of identified risks.
- The available quantitative analysis techniques and tools and the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Planning and implementing responses to risks and identified triggers to keep projects moving forwards.
- Using analytical techniques to audit risks, assess contingency planning effectiveness and learn lessons for future projects.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the RMP course, risk analysis professionals will be able to accurately identify and mitigate risks that threaten project success. Other benefits include:
- Full preparation for the globally acknowledged RMP risk management certification.
- Improved risk management skills and expertise that can be brought to bear on any project.
- Certificated proof of the ability to assess, identify and control risks within a project lifecycle.
- Establishes the student as a skilled risk management professional.
- Opens up greater job prospects for project managers looking to specialise in risk management, or for line managers wanting to make the move into project management.
The RMP course and exam are an essential qualification for professionals who want to improve their risk management skills and employment options, or to become more effective in their current roles. The RMP course and certification can also be used as a step towards attaining a full project management qualification like the PMP certificate.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|