This online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training course has been designed for 35-40 guided learning hours. Following course outline will provide you an idea about main topics areas are covered in this course. The numbers of sub topics are covered under following each main topic:
Course Content (Course Outline):
1. ORGANIZATION PLANNING AND DEPLOYMENT
Organization Planning and Deployment
2. LEADERSHIP SKILLS
3. ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESS AND MANAGEMENT
Organizational Process and Management
4. TEAM WORKING AND MANAGEMENT
Team Working and Management
5. DEFINE PHASE
Overview of the Define Phase and the Voice of the Customer
Business Case and Project Charter
6. MEASURE PHASE
Process Analysis and Documentation
Statistics, Probability & Processs Capability
7. ANALYSE PHASE
Measuring and Modeling Relationships
Additional Analysis Methods
8. IMPROVE PHASE
Design of Experiments (DOE)
Lean Methodology & Implementation
9. CONTROL PHASE
Maintain Controls & DFSS System
Statistical Process Control (SPC)
10. EXAM PREPARATION AND KEY CONCEPTS
Black Belt- Exam Preparation and Key Concepts
- Understand Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology.
- Learn and apply skills in project management, process management, lean, change management, and basic statistical analysis.
- Understand the Black Belt’s role in a successful Lean Six Sigma deployment.
- Properly scope, define and lead Lean Six Sigma projects.
- Transition projects from phase to phase.
- Close out projects upon completion.
- Present projects to peers, managers and senior leadership.
- Apply methods learned in the DMAIC process to business issues.
- Apply statistical analysis to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- Characterize the equation y = f(x).
- Implement controls to sustain gains.
- Effectively manage team dynamics.
- Navigate statistical analysis software (SigmaXL or Minitab).
Method of Assessment:
After you have familiarised yourself with the Six Sigma terminology, having a good understanding of 5 phases, successfully passed any mock exam you should be ready to take the real exam.
- Number of questions: 150 Multiple Choice Questions Duration: 4 hours Pass mark: 70%.
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 580 points out of a total potential of 750 points.
- There is no limitation or time restriction on examination retakes. Need to pay retake exam fee separately each retake.
- All questions are multiple choice.
- Results are sent within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam papers.
- Type of Exam: Proctored exam based
- The sole objective of the exams is to measure knowledge not work or project experience.
All exams are available in English. IASSC Certified Black Belt exams are also available in French.
All IASSC exams are closed book exams. IASSC provides a Reference Document, that contains all formulas and tables one will need during the examination. You can download the Reference.
For those who wish to sit for the exam, it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program.
It is also recommended, although not required, that those sitting for the exam have some degree of real-world Lean Six Sigma work experience and project application experience.
Special Note: This is not included official Exam and you need to purchase exam separately. Please contact our Help Desk to purchase the exam voucher.
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate (IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB), suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, PeopleCert.
Benefits of achieving the Six Sigma Certification?
- Differentiate yourself.
- Demonstrate your commitment to ongoing education and professional standards.
- Increase your marketability.
- Promote best practice in your field.
Why you choose us;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including Videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- 12 months valid Online Study Platform (Online Learning Portal).
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Access to Mock exam and mentor supports.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers.
- Effective and efficient administrative service from our staff for your inquiries.
- Comfortable learning access to your student portal.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is most beneficial for organizations that encourage employees to take up Quality projects and ensure efficiency in all business/industry processes. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is planned to meet the requirements of the following categories of professionals:
- Senior Management
- Management students
- Team leaders
- Software Professionals
- If a company intends to implement Six Sigma, then the management of the company needs to be trained
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
Software Quality Assurance team members
- In order to become IASSC Black Belt certified, it is not necessary to be Green Belt certified beforehand, or have prior industry experience, or complete and submit projects as part of the Black Belt certification assessment.
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam.
This certification to fill a variety of positions such as:
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Process Development Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Project Engineer
- Director, Performance Excellence