About the course
Our AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (level 2) distance learning course allows you to gain a globally recognised accounting qualification at your own pace and in your own environment, while receiving all the support you need to succeed.
You will be equipped with a range of basic accounting principles and techniques, from costing and double-entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting.
You’ll receive support throughout the course on our innovative virtual learning environment, which you can access 24 hours a day. You won’t lose out on expert tutor support, with frequent contact, scheduled chats, and video lectures.
Gaining the qualification will open doors to brand new opportunities, including new roles and more advanced qualifications.
What will you study?
The AAT Foundation Certificate contains the following units. You can choose to study these individually:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Working Effectively in Finance
What skills will you gain?
- Complete basic double entry bookkeeping
- Complete accounts to trial balance stage
- Process customer and supplier information on a computerised package
- Learn basic costing principles
- Understand how an accounts department works within an organisation
What will you receive?
- A well-recognised qualification
- Basic accounting skills
- 24hr access to BabingtonOnline (virtual learning environment)
- Personal study plan
- Tutor support
- Live tutor sessions
- Online student forums
- Self grading activities
- Downloadable revision materials
- Sage 50 Accounts software
- Text books (incl. P&P)
- Mock exams