About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. WHAT IS ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY? & CLINICAL RESEARCH.
- What is Abnormal Psychology?
- Understanding Clinical research in abnormal psychology
2. WHAT IS BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY?
3. UNDERSTANDING THE PSYCHODYNAMICBEHAVIORAL, MODEL AND ABNORMAL FUNCTIONING
- Understanding the Psychodynamic Model and Abnormal Functioning
- Understanding the Behavioral Model and Abnormal Functioning
4. UNDERSTANDING THE COGNITIVE MODEL, HUMANISTIC-EXISTENTIAL AND ABNORMAL FUNCTIONING
- Understanding the Cognitive Model and Abnormal Functioning
- Understanding the Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Functioning
5. UNDERSTANDING SOCIOCULTURAL MODEL AND ABNORMAL FUNCTIONING
6. WHAT IS DIATHESIS STRESS MODEL IN PSYCHOLOGY?
7. CLINICAL ASSESSMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS
8. UNDERSTANDING MOOD AND MANAGING ANXIETY DISORDERS
- Understanding and Managing Anxiety Disorders
- Understanding Mood Disorders
9. UNDERSTANDING SOMATOFORM AND MANAGING STRESS DISORDERS
- Understanding and Managing Stress Disorders
- Understanding and Managing Somatoform Disorders
10. WHAT IS DISSOCIATIVE DISORDER AND ANOREXIA NERVOSA?
- What is Dissociative Disorder?
- What is Anorexia Nervosa?
11. SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION & GENDER IDENTITY DISORDERS
12. OVERVIEW OF SUBSTANCE AND PSYCHOTIC USE DISORDERS
- Overview of Substance Use Disorders
- An Overview of Psychotic Disorders
13. INTRODUCTION TO COGNITIVE AND LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENT DISORDERS
- Introduction to Cognitive Disorders
- Introduction to Lifespan Development Disorders
14. TYPES OF PERSONALITY AND FACTITIOUS DISORDERS
- Types of Personality Disorders
- An Overview of Factitious Disorders
15. TREATMENTS OF ABNORMALITY AND ETHICAL AND LEGAL ISSUES
- Treatments of Abnormality
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Abnormal Psychology
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate in Abnormal Psychology.
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in Psychology, particularly clinical psychology.
- This course would also benefit people hoping to go on to further study of psychology.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Educational Psychologist
- Forensic Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
- Occupational Psychologist
- Sports Psychologist