About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD AND REPRESENTATION OF SCIENTIFIC WORK
2. THE CHEMISTRY OF LIVING THINGS AND ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- The Chemistry of Living Things
- Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry
3. INTRODUCTION TO DNA AND RNA AND AN ENZYME
- Introduction to DNA and RNA
- Structure and Function of an Enzyme
4. CELL MEMBRANE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION AND CELLULAR ORGANELLES
- Cell Membrane Structure and Function
- Cellular Organelles and Structure
5. MECHANISM OF DNA REPLICATION AND THE DNA, RNA AND PROTEINS
- Mechanism of DNA Replication
- The DNA, RNA and Proteins
6. GENE MUTATION CAUSES AND DISORDERS AND CELLULAR METABOLISM
- Gene Mutation Causes and Disorders
- Cellular Metabolism
7. GENES, CHROMOSOMES, CELL DIVISION
- Genes,Chromosomes,Cell Division – Part 1
- Genes, Chromosomes, Cell Division – Part 2
8. HUMAN BODY SYSTEMS(SKELETAL SYSTEM,MUSCULAR SYSTEM,RESPIRATORY SYSTEM,CIRCULATORY SYSTEMS,DIGESTIVE SYSTEM,EXCRETORY SYSTEM
- Human Body Systems (Skeletal System,Muscular System,Respiratory System,Circulatory Systems,Digestive System,Excretory system
9. NERVOUS SYSTEM AND HOMEOSTASIS
10. PROCESSES OF GENETICS, ANIMAL REPRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Processes of Animal Reproduction and Development
- Genetics and Heredity
11. FUNDAMENTALS OF ECOLOGY
- Fundamentals of Ecology
- Population and Conservation Biology
12. THE BASIC PROCESS OF EVOLUTION AND SPECIATION
13. EARTH’S TIMELINE AND LIFE EVOLUTION ON EARTH
14. SPECIES NAMES, TAXONOMY AND GENETIC ENGINEERING
- Species Names and Taxonomy
- Basic Concepts in Genetic Engineering
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in the Fundamentals of Biology.
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of Biology or conservation.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying Biology who need extra tuition.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research analyst
- Lab Technician
- Research Scientist
- Nature Conservation Officer